The Bid submission should contain the following information
- Brief on Applicants: Individual versus Corporate Member with previous experience in organising a Conference or Workshop. Applicant(s) must have paid the 2021 SONA Annual dues.
- Conference theme and possible dates. Do include an approximate calendar for the conference
- Conference Venue: capacity and possible cost for meals. The cost of Conference Registration must clearly distinguished fees for SONA Members, Students and Non-SONA members.
- Anticipated cost of Hotels around the proposed Venue (A range for both established researchers and students with possibilities to share rooms).
- Pre- and post-conference Satellite activities
- The Preliminary Local Organizing Committee for the 2025 SONA Conference
- International Flights, Visas and Security. (Include domestic flights if applicable, and transportation in the host city.
- The proposed budget for the conference. Do include other possible financial support towards the conference (University, the host city, public organization or government department).
- Cultural points of interest in the host city and in surrounding areas.
Additional Information for Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
In any country that has a recognized Neuroscience Society affiliated to SONA, the conference will be a Joint Meeting. The National Society should not have an annual meeting in the same year.
A Scientific Programme Committee will comprise nominations from the LOC and the SONA Executive Committee. As much as possible the Chair of the Scientific Programme Committee MUST be an established researcher in Neurosciences and from a Regular or Honorary Member of SONA
The shortlisted speakers must
- Have an exceptional scientific track record
- Work in an area relevant to Neurosciences
- Deliver an engaging and exciting talk. (There should be an indication of a lecture given before)
When selecting using these criteria please also bear in mind that we will have to be able to balance three other factors for the plenary lectures 1) Gender, 2) Geographical area with respect to the SONA regions) and 3) Subject area.
Professor James Kimani Lectureship
The LOC will organize for the selection of a Candidate for this Award in conjunction with the SONA Exco. The LOC will provide for the travel support (flight and accommodation) and the plaque for the successful candidate. The Speaker must not be more the 8 years post obtaining PhD and must be conducting research on the African Continent with publications in Neurosciences.
The deadline for submission of Bid is 30th June, 2023.
All applicants should arrange to present their bid during the SONA General Assembly on 14th July 2023