Hope all is well with you and yours.
This correspondence is to please bring to your attention that the TALENTS (Training Africans to Lead and Execute Neurological Trials & Studies) program is now accepting applications. Please see flyer attached.
TALENTS is supported by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke and Fogarty International Center, and involves a consortium of U.S institutions and African institutions, with support from the African Academy of Neurology (AFAN).
The TALENTS program is designed to build sustainable neurological research capacity in Africa.
Interested individuals must apply for the program. Up to five will be selected to participate in 2022, with more positions available in subsequent years.
Selected participants will undergo:
- An online master’s degree in clinical research from the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) OR an online certificate in clinical research from MUSC.
- Mentoring and support in the development of their current research portfolio.
- AFAN member benefits
- Opportunities to present research and network with AFAN leadership, academic leaders, and peers at the AFAN annual meeting
- Become part of a growing continent-wide neurology research professional network
- African multidisciplinary scholars interested in pursuing academic careers in neurological research.
- PhD and or Registrar/Fellows (neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychiatry, neuroradiology, internal medicine, psychiatry)
- Current post-doctoral researchers with at least a master’s degree (translational scientists, epidemiologists, health service researchers)
Kindly encourage your colleagues in Africa to apply…and/or please help spread the word via your networks.
Many thanks and very best wishes,
Bruce Ovbiagele, MD FRCP
Chief of Staff, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Health Care System
Associate Dean, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Health Care System
Professor, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco
“Helping Heroes Heal through Innovation, Compassion, and Partnership”
(415) 221-4810 ext 22047